1. All Season(Premium, Gold, Silver & Bronze) Melbourne United memberships purchased will be automatically enrolled into the Rollover Plan. Further information on the Rollover Plan is available in the ‘Rollover Plan’ section of these terms and conditions. Should an equivalent membership not be available in the following season the member will be notified of new membership packages.
2. Reserve Seat membership includes access to home games played at Melbourne Arena only during the 2020-21NBL regular season, excluding games played from 30 December 2020 through to the completion of the Australian Open
3. Any games played outside of Melbourne Arena will be sold separately and where possible Reserve Seat members will be provided with priority to purchase tickets via a pre-sale period.
4. Subject to any applicable law, once your membership has been processed you are not entitled to a refund.You may request a refund in writing (email or post) and your request will be assessed by Melbourne United Management. Subject to applicable law, any refunds(whole or partial) will be at the discretion of Melbourne United Management.
5. All prices include GST and any applicable NBL fees or levies.
6. By purchasing a membership, you agree to be added to Melbourne United electronic database and to receive information relating to Melbourne United; be contacted by MelbourneUnited regarding any services, offers or special promotions that are associated with, endorsed or approved by Melbourne United. Furthermore, you agree for MelbourneUnited to disclose your information to third parties associated with MelbourneUnited so they can contact you about their services, offers or special promotions. Should you not wish to receive any of this information, you must notify Melbourne United in writing via either post [PO Box 3, 30 Aughtie Drive,Albert Park, VIC 3206] or email [email@example.com] of your preference to unsubscribe.
7. Members are required to notify Melbourne United of any change in circumstances, including the issuing or withdrawal of concession status, member contact details, or any relevant information that could affect their membership with Melbourne United. Should there be a change in concession status, the member will be required to pay the difference between a non-concession member and a concession member of that particular membership. Should the member not pay the difference within the time notified by Melbourne United, Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend the membership with all of the member’s benefits suspended until the difference is paid. The member is not entitled to seek any compensation or refund should any of its member’s benefits be suspended due to no or late payment of the difference.
8. Melbourne United reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund where a member breaches these terms and conditions or the Melbourne United Code of Conduct.
9. Melbourne United reserves the right to change the seating arrangements from season to season. Where possible, Melbourne United will attempt to keep members in a similar seat selection from season to season.
10. Renewing members wanting to change their seat must request the change in writing to Melbourne United.Melbourne United will try to accommodate seat requests in consideration of availability and any other relevant factors.
11. New members may select preferred seating, including to be seated with other members, when completing their membership application. Alternatively, new members can notify MelbourneUnited of their preferences in writing. Requested seating cannot be guaranteed.If the requested seating is not available, the Membership Department will select seating as close as possible to those requested by the new member. If no request is received, Melbourne United will allocate seating at its discretion.
12. Reserved seats will be allocated after the Rollover Plan date, with renewing members receiving first priority. Allocation for new members is based on availability and will be processed based on the order in which a membership is purchased (provided thata seating request is received).
A family membership consists of 2 adult and 2 junior memberships. Juniors must be 14 years or under as of 30 April 2021 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
1. Interstate memberships are only available to people who reside in South Australia, Western Australia, NewSouth Wales, Queensland and New Zealand.
2. Interstate members receive:
3. Where possible tickets will be allocated near the Melbourne United home bench at the discretion of the opposition team.
1. By agreeing to pay your membership via a Melbourne United payment plan, you authorise Melbourne United, or associated third parties, to debit from your nominated credit card or debit
2. Unless stated otherwise, the first instalment will be withdrawn after receiving your application with further payments on the first day of each following month. If the payment date falls on a weekend or a Victorian public holiday, we will process your payment on the next business day.
3. 10 Month Payment Plan -10 monthly payments are offered for each membership year, from May to February.Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 10. Please note that the 10 month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership before September 1st, 2020.
4. 5 Month Payment Plan -5 monthly payments are offered for each membership year, from September toJanuary. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 5.Members who enter into a 5 month payment plan will be rolled over into the 10month payment plan for next season. Please note that the 5 month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership from September 1st, 2020.
5. You can purchase a membership and join a monthly payment plan at any stage throughout the season. An initial payment will be taken upon purchasing a membership, which includes any catch-up payment amounts in order to bring your membership payments up to date. For example, a membership purchased in August 2020 on the 10 month plan will attract an initial payment to cover the month of August as well as the sum of the instalments for May, June, and July 2020.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account in order for payments to be processed. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution for a dishonoured payment will be payable by you. Any fees incurred by Melbourne United for a dishonoured payment will be added to the next instalment.
7. Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend or cancel your membership if on two consecutive occasions your payment cannot be processed due to insufficient funds in your nominated account. We will notify you in writing if we suspend or cancel your payment plan arrangement.
8. If your membership is suspended, your membership barcode will be blocked, and your membership entitlements will be suspended until such time that the overdue payments have been received.
9. If you believe that a payment has been withdrawn incorrectly, please contact Melbourne United on 1300 698443. You will receive a full refund of the withdrawn amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the withdrawing.
10. You must advise us in writing if you close your nominated account and supply us with a substitute account in order for your payments to continue.
11. We will keep your account and other financial institution details confidential. However, we may disclose these details:
(a) If you consent in writing; or
(b) To the extent required bylaw; or
(c) For the purpose of thisAgreement, for example, in relation to a payment dispute.
Members that require any membership cards to be reprinted will incur a $10 reprint fee, payable by the member. If you misplace your membership card, please contact the Membership Department to organise a replacement.
Melbourne United is committed tocreating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-dayenvironment for all club members and spectators. Accordingly, we have adoptedthe following code of conduct/behaviour for the benefit of members, spectatorsand the wider basketball community.
Melbourne United works with theNational Basketball League, stadium management, contracted security servicesand other external agencies to identify offenders, record incidents and takeany potential action against offenders, members or spectators who threaten todisrupt, disrespect or otherwise breach this Code of Conduct.
Melbourne United reserves theright to suspend or cancel memberships, hospitalities, agreements or anytickets without compensation should a member or ticketholder breach this Codeof Conduct. Suspensions and cancellations are at the sole discretion ofMelbourne United. Should the offender be a guest of a member or utilising amember’s card, Melbourne United reserves the right to take action against themember in relation to their membership.
The Code of Conduct applies toanyone that attends any of Melbourne United games, official club functions andother non-game day events held, supported or endorsed by Melbourne United(Melbourne United Events).
1. When attending MelbourneUnited Events:
(a) conduct themselves towardsany other person in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spiritof basketball specifically not to:
(i) use bad language;
(ii) harass or ridicule players,coaches, officials or other spectators;
(iii) engage in or endorse anyform of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race,gender, religion, disability or sexuality; and
(iv) have any acts of violence,disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures.
(b) not do anything or act in amanner which would distract, disrupt or hinder the natural flow the event;
(c) comply with the terms ofentry to the event;
(d) conduct themselves in amanner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation ofMelbourne United, its staff, members or supporters;
(e) comply with requests fromvenue staff regarding the operations and emergency procedures of the venue;
(f) sit in their allocatedticketed seat and present their tickets and entitlements when requested byMelbourne United staff or venue staff; and
(g) any merchandise,paraphernalia and/or memorabilia (Memorabilia) provided by Melbourne United toyou are for you to keep, use and enjoy during the event. However, you mustensure that in using the memorabilia you do not interfere, disrupt, prohibit orinjury any other person’s enjoyment of the event. You are also responsible forany loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of you using thememorabilia.
2. Not promote, communicate,incite, initiate, and/or respond to any form of conversation, messages or poststhat are aimed to:
(a) attack or be critical ofanyone within Melbourne United including players, coaches, personnel andmembers;
(b) attack, critical or tarnishthe name, brand or goodwill of Melbourne United and/or National BasketballLeague; or
(c) bring the game intodisrepute.
Melbourne United reserves theright, at its absolute discretion, to restrict, prohibit, block, ban anyonefrom participating in:
1. Any social media controlled byMelbourne United and/or National Basketball League; and
2. Any Melbourne United Events.
Where Melbourne United determinesthat there has been a breach of the Code of Conduct.
If there is a serious, continualor frequent breach of the Code of Conduct, Melbourne United may in its solediscretion terminate a person’s membership (without refund or compensation) orrefuse to sell a Melbourne United membership.
In addition to contacting police,Melbourne United Basketball Club encourages its members and spectators toreport any illegal or anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
1. Alerting venue, security orMelbourne United staff on game day of any issues;
2. If after a match, please phoneour membership department on 1300 698 443 to notify Melbourne United staff oralternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
3. If attending aMelbourne United event, inform Melbourne United officials at the event.
1. While every care is taken by Melbourne United to ensure that the most accurate information is presented on the website, including pricing, there may be some rare occasions where the information presented is incorrect. Accordingly, to the extent available at law, Melbourne United reserves the absolute right to not processor cancel any memberships that may have been obtained with the wrong information.
2. Before MelbourneUnited can exercise this right, Melbourne United must notify the affected person of the errors or omissions together with all necessary information to evidence that the information contained on the website is incorrect. In the event that the errors or omissions relate to prices of the membership and the affected person has paid:
(a) Where more than the price that is levied by Melbourne United: Melbourne United will notify the affected person the additional amount paid and give the affected person the choice to either cancel the membership or receive a refund of the excess amount paid. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify Melbourne United of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to receive a refund of the excess amount paid; or
(b) Where less than the price that is levied by Melbourne United: Melbourne United will notify the affected person the additional amount that needs to be paid and give the affected person the choice to either pay the difference or cancel the membership. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify MelbourneUnited of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount payable. If the affected person chooses or is deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount, the additional amount will become a debt immediately due and payable to MelbourneUnited. Melbourne United will provide the affected person five business days to attend to the payment. Should the affected person not pay the additional amount by the stipulated time, Melbourne United may suspend the provision of any part of the membership and the affected person is not entitled to any refund or compensation if the affected person is unable to enjoy any part of the membership due to delays in paying the additional amount, except where it is due to Melbourne United’s fault. Should the affected person be entitled to are fund or compensation, the maximum amount payable by Melbourne United will be the value for the portion of the membership that Melbourne United was unable to fulfil as determined by Melbourne United.
3. Melbourne United will attend to any refund as soon as practicable but no more than three business days after the affected person has made its decision.
1. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions.
2. To the extent permitted by law you indemnify Melbourne United against all, losses, costs, damages and liability suffered as a result of you giving incorrect or false information in your membership application. Your indemnity:
(a) Extends and covers all changes you make to your membership application; and
(b) Continues after this Agreement has ended.
If you are an existing member, and a new member mentions your name and membership number when purchasing any full priced Melbourne United membership before Nov 30th, 2020, you will receive a Melbourne United merchandise voucher.
Refer 1-5 new members and receive a $20 (incl. GST) merchandise voucher
Refer 6-10 new members and receive a $40 (incl. GST) merchandise voucher
Refer 11 or more new members and receive a $60 (incl. GST) merchandise voucher