1. All Season (Premium, Gold, Silver, Bronze and General Reserved) Melbourne United memberships purchased will be automatically enrolled into the Rollover Plan. Further information on the Rollover Plan is available in the ‘Rollover Plan’ section of these terms and conditions. Should an equivalent membership not be available in the following season the member will be notified of new membership packages.
2. Reserve Seat membership includes access to home games played at John Cain Arena only during the 2022-2023 NBL regular season, excluding games played from 30 December 2022 through to the completion of the Australian Open.
3. Any games played outside of John Cain Arena will be sold separately and where possible season members will be provided with priority to purchase tickets via a pre-sale period.
4. Subject to any applicable law, once your membership has been processed you are not entitled to a refund. You may request a refund in writing (email or post) and your request will be assessed by Melbourne United's Management. Subject to applicable law, any refunds (whole or partial) will be at the discretion of Melbourne United Management.
5. All prices include GST and any applicable NBL fees or levies.
6. By purchasing a membership, you agree to be added to Melbourne United electronic database and to receive information relating to Melbourne United; be contacted by Melbourne United regarding any services, offers or special promotions that are associated with, endorsed or approved byMelbourne United. Furthermore, you agree for Melbourne United to disclose your information to third parties associated with Melbourne United so they can contact you about their services, offers or special promotions. Should you not wish to receive any of this information, you must notify Melbourne United in writing via either post (77-79 Tulip St Cheltenham VIC 3192) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your preference to unsubscribe.
7. Members are required to notify Melbourne United of any change in circumstances, including the issuing or withdrawal of concession status, member contact details, or any relevant information that could affect their membership with Melbourne United. Should there be a change in concession status, the member will be required to pay the difference between a non-concession member and a concession member of that particular membership. Should the member not pay the difference within the time notified by Melbourne United, Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend the membership with all the member’s benefits suspended until the difference is paid. The member is not entitled to seek any compensation or refund should any of its member’s benefits be suspended due to no or late payment of the difference.
8. Melbourne United reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund where a member breaches these terms and conditions or the Melbourne United Code of Conduct.
9. Melbourne United reserves the right to change the seating arrangements from season to season. Where possible, Melbourne United will attempt to keep members in a similar seat selection from season to season.
10. Renewing members wanting to change their seat must request the change in writing to Melbourne United. Melbourne United will try to accommodate seat requests in consideration of availability and any other relevant factors.
11. New members may request preferred seating, including to be seated with other members, when completing their membership application. Alternatively, new members can notify Melbourne United of their preferences in writing. Requested seating cannot be guaranteed. If the requested seating is not available, the Membership Department will select seating as close as possible to those requested by the new member. If no request is received, Melbourne United will allocate seating at its discretion.
12. Reserved seats will be allocated after the Rollover Plan date, with renewing members receiving first priority. Allocation for new members is based on availability and will be processed based on the order in which a membership is purchased (provided that a seating request is received).
1. Supporter and General Reserved memberships do not guarantee access to Melbourne United regular season home games.
2. Access to games is subject to availability and best available within membership category. Tickets will need to be redeemed (General Reserved)/purchased (Supporter) for each regular season home game the member wishes to attend.
1. To qualify for a junior membership, the junior must be 14 years or under as of 30 April 2023 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
2. Children 3 years of age and under are admitted free providing they are seated on their parent/guardian’s knee and do not require a seat. It is the parent/guardian’s sole responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being their children.
1. To qualify for a concession membership, members must hold one of the following forms of identification: pension card, full time student card, senior’s card, disability card, or carer’s card. A photocopy of a valid concession card is required with your membership application.
2. Health care cards and health benefits cards do not qualify.
3. Companion card holders qualify for a free concession membership and gain free entry when accompanying a member requiring care. A photocopy of the card is required with your membership application. The companion card holder must purchase a valid ticket if attending a game without the member in their care.
4. Random checks are conducted at NBL venues on members with concession memberships. Concession members must have appropriate identification with them when attending all NBL games. Melbourne United retains the right to cancel the membership (without refund) of any member without the appropriate identification.
5. Copies of concession identification cards can be posted to Melbourne United Membership, 77-79 Tulip St, Cheltenham VIC 3192. Alternatively, you can scan and email a copy to email@example.com.
1. A family membership consists of 2 adult and 2 junior memberships. Juniors must be 14 years or under as of 30 April 2023 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
1. Finals tickets are not included in memberships.
2. Should Melbourne United qualify to play in the 2022-2023 NBL Finals Series, all members will receive exclusive access to purchase tickets to home games via designated pre-sale periods.
3. The pre-sale information will be communicated upon confirmation of Melbourne United’s qualification to play finals.
4. Finals tickets are to be purchased through the venue ticketing agency, and the agency will also be responsible for all distribution of tickets.
1. Melbourne United invites season junior members to participate in Melbourne United Junior Member Superclinics, subject to availability. Non-members are not eligible to register.
2. To register for the clinics, you must register online at the Melbourne United website. Registrations will not be accepted on the day of the clinic.
3. The number of participants at each camp is restricted based on the number of courts available. The first enrolments received will be given priority enrolment.
4. Participants must arrive prior to the designated arrival time. Participation cannot be guaranteed if you arrive after the listed time.
5. You consent for the person in charge at the clinic to seek medical attention for your child, if necessary.
6. To the extent permitted by law, you excludeMelbourne United (including employees, volunteers and contractors) of any responsibility to your child’s person or property, as a result of any illness or injury that your child may suffer during the clinic.
7. You allow the use of any images or likeness of your child, taken during the clinics to be used in future marketing or promotional materials for Melbourne United. Should you not wish any images or likeness of your child to be used, please notify Melbourne United in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (77-79 Tulip St, Cheltenham VIC 3192
1. By agreeing to pay your membership via a Melbourne United payment plan, you authorise Melbourne United, or associated third parties, to debit from your nominated credit card or debit card.
2. Unless stated otherwise, the first instalment will be withdrawn after receiving your application with further payments on the first day of each following month. If the payment date falls on a weekend or aVictorian public holiday, we will process your payment on the next business day.
3. Season Payment Plan -The season payment plan will consist of 9 monthly payments from June 2022 – February 2023. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 9. Please note that the season payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership before September 1st 2022.
4. 5 Month Payment Plan -The 5 monthly payment plan will consist of 5 payments, from September 2022 to January 2023. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 5. Members who enter a 5-month payment plan will be rolled over into the season payment plan for next season. Please note that the 5-month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership from September 1st, 2022.
5. You can purchase a membership and join a monthly payment plan at any stage throughout the season. An initial payment will betaken upon purchasing a membership, which includes any catch-up payment amounts to bring your membership payments up to date. For example, a membership purchased in August 2022 on the season payment plan will attract an initial payment to cover the month of August as well as the sum of the instalments for June and July 2022.
6. Fees apply when paying via monthly payments including by not limited to 3.09% management fee plus additional fees for dishonoured payments.
7. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account for payments to be processed. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution for a dishonoured payment will be payable by you. Any fees incurred by Melbourne United for a dishonoured payment will be added to the next instalment.
8. Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend or cancel your membership if on two consecutive occasions your payment cannot be processed due to insufficient funds in your nominated account. We will notify you in writing if we suspend or cancel your payment plan arrangement.
9. If your membership is suspended, your membership barcode will be blocked, and your membership entitlements will be suspended until such time that the overdue payments have been received.
10. If you believe that a payment has been withdrawn incorrectly, please contact Melbourne United on 1300 698 443. You will receive a full refund of the withdrawn amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the withdrawing.
11. You must advise us in writing if you close your nominated account and supply us with a substitute account for your payments to continue.
12. We will keep your account and other financial institution details confidential. However, we may disclose these details:
(a) If you consent in writing; or
(b) To the extent required by law; or
(c) For the purpose of this Agreement, for example, in relation to a payment dispute.
1. The Rollover Plan automatically renews your membership each year for the upcoming season. Payments are applied in the same method as when the member originally signed up. The rollover for the 2022-2023 NBL season will take place on June 1st 2022.
2. By committing to a Melbourne United Membership and Rollover Plan, you authorise MelbourneUnited to arrange a transfer of funds from your nominated credit or debit card for the amount applicable to your membership type. Members can select for payments to be deducted either in full or across a seasonal payment plan with monthly payments. For payment methods other than credit card, the member will be issued an invoice, with payment due within the terms of the invoice. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
3. Members will be notified in writing should there be price changes or major inclusion changes to their membership from season to season at least 14 days prior to their membership rolling over.
4. Members can request to be taken off the automatic rollover by written request. Requests can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Melbourne United Membership Department, 77-79 Tulip St Cheltenham, VIC 3192
5. Requests to be removed from the rollover plan must be received by Melbourne United by 5pm Monday 30th May 2022.
6. At the time of rollover, if the payment is unable to be processed for any reason, the member will be notified by the club. If the member is unable to make due payment in a time specified by the club, Melbourne United reserve the right to suspend or terminate the membership.
1. All Melbourne United Members will receive a 10% discount off retail price merchandise purchased through any physical Melbourne United operated store.
2. To receive a discount at the store, members must present their membership card to merchandise staff members.
3. Melbourne United will not provide refunds or apply future credit where a Membership Discount was not used during the transaction.
4. A discount is not available on sale items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers
1. Membership fulfilment packs will be posted to members prior to the start of the season. If a member has not received a fulfilment pack within this time frame or has items missing, please contact the Membership Department.
2. Membership cards or tickets may arrive separately to the membership pack.
1. Melbourne United members are entitled to a 10% discount on two-day junior school holiday camps only.
2. This is applicable for the period June 1st, 2022 – April 30th, 2023
3. Members will be sent a unique code prior to each school holiday period to redeem the discount when registering junior members for school holiday camps.
1. Members that require any membership cards to be reprinted will incur a $10 reprint fee, payable by the member. If you misplace your membership card, please contact the Membership Department to organise a replacement.
1. Melbourne United is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable, and family-friendly game-day environment for all club members and spectators. Accordingly, we have adopted the following code of conduct/behaviour for the benefit of members, spectators, and the wider basketball community.
2. Melbourne United works with the National Basketball League, stadium management, contracted security services and other external agencies to identify offenders, record incidents and take any potential action against offenders, members or spectators who threaten to disrupt, disrespect or otherwise breach this Code of Conduct.
3. Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend or cancel memberships, hospitality agreements, or any tickets without compensation should a member or ticket holder breach this Code of Conduct. Suspensions and cancellations are at the sole discretion of Melbourne United. Should the offender be a guest of a member or utilising a member’s card, Melbourne United reserves the right to take action against the member in relation to their membership.
4. The Code of Conduct applies to anyone that attends any of Melbourne United games, official club functions and other non-game day events held, supported, or endorsed by Melbourne United (Melbourne United Events).
1. When attending Melbourne United Events, fans must:
(a) conduct themselves towards any other person in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of basketball.
(i) not use bad language.
(ii) not harass or ridicule players, coaches, officials, or other spectators.
(iii) not engage in or endorse any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse based on race, gender, religion, disability, or sexuality; and
(iv) not have any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures.
(b) not do anything or act in a manner which would distract, disrupt, or hinder the natural flow the event.
(c) comply with the conditions entry to the event and Basketball Australia Courtsiding Policy.
(d) conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of Melbourne United, its staff, members, or supporters.
(e) comply with requests from venue staff regarding the operations and emergency procedures of the venue.
(f) sit in their allocated ticketed seat and present their tickets and entitlements when requested byMelbourne United staff or venue staff; and
(g) any merchandise, paraphernalia and/or memorabilia (Memorabilia) provided by Melbourne United to you are for you to keep, use and enjoy during the event. However, you must ensure that in using the memorabilia you do not interfere, disrupt, prohibit or injury any other person’s enjoyment of the event. You are also responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of you using the memorabilia.
2. Not promote, communicate, incite, initiate, and/or respond to any form of conversation, messages or posts that are aimed to:
(a) attack or be critical of anyone within Melbourne United including players, coaches, personnel, and members.
(b) attack, critical or tarnish the name, brand, or goodwill of Melbourne United and/or NationalBasketball League; or
(c) bring the game into disrepute.
Melbourne United reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to restrict, prohibit, block, or ban anyone from participating in any Melbourne United events or social media controlled by Melbourne United and/or National Basketball League.
If there is a serious, continual, or frequent breach of the Code of Conduct, Melbourne United may in its sole discretion terminate a person’s membership (without refund or compensation) or refuse to sell a Melbourne United membership.
In addition to contacting police, Melbourne United Basketball Club encourages its members and spectators to report any illegal or anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
1. Alerting venue, security, or Melbourne United staff on game day of any issues;
2. If after a match, please phone our membership department on 1300 698 443 to notify Melbourne United staff or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
3. If attending a Melbourne United event, inform Melbourne United officials at the event.
1. While every care is taken by Melbourne United to ensure that the most accurate information is presented on the website, including pricing, there may be some rare occasions where the information presented is incorrect. Accordingly, to the extent available at law, Melbourne United reserves the absolute right to not process or cancel any memberships that may have been obtained with the wrong information.
2. Before Melbourne United can exercise this right, Melbourne United must notify the affected person of the errors or omissions together with all necessary information to evidence that the information contained on the website is incorrect. In the event that the errors or omissions relate to prices of the membership and the affected person has paid:
(a) Where more than the price that is levied by Melbourne United: Melbourne United will notify the affected person the additional amount paid and give the affected person the choice to either cancel the membership or receive a refund of the excess amount paid. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify Melbourne United of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to receive a refund of the excess amount paid; or
(b) Where less than the price that is levied by Melbourne United: Melbourne United will notify the affected person the additional amount that needs to be paid and give the affected person the choice to either pay the difference or cancel the membership. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify Melbourne United of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount payable. If the affected person chooses or is deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount, the additional amount will become a debt immediately due and payable to Melbourne United. Melbourne United will provide the affected person five business days to attend to the payment. Should the affected person not pay the additional amount by the stipulated time, Melbourne United may suspend the provision of any part of the membership and the affected person is not entitled to any refund or compensation if the affected person is unable to enjoy any part of the membership due to delays in paying the additional amount, except where it is due to Melbourne United’s fault. Should the affected person be entitled to a refund or compensation, the maximum amount payable by Melbourne United will be the value for the portion of the membership that Melbourne United was unable to fulfil as determined by Melbourne United.
3. Melbourne United will attend to any refund as soon as practicable but no more than three business days after the affected person has made its decision.
1. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions.
2. To the extent permitted by law you indemnify Melbourne United against all, losses, costs, damages, and liability suffered as a result of you giving incorrect or false information in your membership application. Your indemnity:
(a) Extends and covers all changes you make to your membership application; and
(b) Continues after thisAgreement has ended.