Frequently Asked Questions
Need some help?
Request a call back or call 1300 698 443
- All Melbourne United season memberships purchased in 2018-19 will be automatically enrolled into the Rollover Plan unless the member opts out of such enrolment at time of purchasing the membership. This means your membership will automatically renew each season.
- Should an equivalent membership not be available in the following season the member will be notified of new membership packages, but a rollover will not occur.
- If a member does not wish to continue with the Rollover Plan for their 2018-19 Melbourne United membership, they will be required to opt out in writing by 5pm April 30th 2018 by emailing email@example.com
HOW CAN I RENEW OR PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP FOR THE 2018-19 SEASON?
Rollover Members do not have to lift a finger. Your membership package will rollover on 1st May 2018. To make any changes to payment details or membership packages, please contact the Membership Department on 1300 698 443.
Renewing Members who have opted out of the Rollover Plan can renew their Melbourne United membership online by following these steps;
- Login into your MYUNITED membership account.
- Click on Orders to renew your current membership package. If you wish to change your membership package, click on packages to view the different membership types.
- Members who have forgotten their password to the login can use the retrieve password function on the sign up page. An automated email will be sent directly to your nominated email address.
New Members can sign up online by following these steps;
- Fill in all corresponding fields when purchasing your membership and setting up your MYUNITED membership account. Members will receive an email to confirm their login details; it is recommended you keep these details somewhere safe.
- Once your membership purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- To renew/purchase your membership via Money Order, Cheque or Cash you must contact the Membership Department on 1300 698 443 to organise payment. Please note your membership will not be active until payment is processed. Please do not send cash in the post.
- Members can renew/purchase memberships by phoning our Membership Department during business hours Monday to Friday on 1300 698 443.
4. In Person
To renew/purchase your membership in person, you can visit our offices at Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, 3189. It would be best to contact our Membership Department prior to your visit so we can ensure we have a membership consultant available to assist you. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Alternatively, you can visit us on game day, where one of our friendly membership staff can assist you in person.
I HAD A 5 GAME MEMBERSHIP LAST SEASON. HOW DO I RENEW?
5 game memberships are not currently available. Melbourne United cannot guarantee that part season memberships will be available during season 2018-19. If you wish to secure the best available seat, please contact the Membership Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 698 443.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
- If you’ve applied online or over the phone, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
- If you’ve submitted your application form via mail, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 business hours of your application being received by the Club (be sure to provide us with a valid email address). Please contact the Membership Department on 1300 698 443 if you wish to receive your receipt via post.
- If you have paid for your membership in person, you will receive a hard copy of your receipt on that day. Once the membership has been processed via the membership system, you will receive a confirmation email.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A CONCESSION MEMBERSHIP
To qualify for a concession membership, members must hold one of the following forms of identification:
Pension card (aged, single parent or disability)
Student card (full time only)
Veteran Affairs concession card
Please note Health care cards do not qualify.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP?
To qualify for a junior membership, the junior must be 14 years or under at 30th April 2019.
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP DEFINED
A family membership consists of 2 adult and 2 junior members. To qualify for a junior membership, the junior must be 14 years or under at 30th April 2019.
REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY
Subject to applicable law, once your membership has been processed you are not entitled to a refund. You may request a refund in writing (email or post) and your request will be assessed by Melbourne United Management. Any refunds (whole or partial) will be at the discretion of Melbourne United Management.
ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS ON MEMBERSHIP PACKAGES IF PURCHASED AFTER THE SEASON STARTS?
There are no discounts on membership packages if purchased after the season starts. We encourage members to purchase membership packages prior to the start of the season to receive the full membership benefits available.
Memberships apply to all Melbourne United home games that are played at Melbourne Arena during the 2018-19 NBL regular season excluding games played from December 27th 2018 through to the completion of the Australian Open 2019. Membership does not include matches played at other venues; tickets to these matches will be sold separately.
WHERE IS PREMIUM SEATING LOCATED?
Premium seating is the first 5 rows of the lower section of the general stands along each sideline of the court at Melbourne Arena. . Should a major change be required due to venue layout, the Club will notify members.
WHERE IS GOLD SEATING LOCATED?
Gold seating is located along each sideline of the court, situated directly behind the Premium seating. This includes lower and mezzanine seating at Melbourne Arena. In addition Melbourne United have added gold seating along the front two rows of the baseline sections.
WHERE IS SILVER SEATING LOCATED?
Silver seating is located along each baseline of the court, directly behind the baseline gold seating at Melbourne Arena.
WHERE IS BRONZE SEATING LOCATED?
Bronze seating is the upper tier sections along the sidelines and baselines at Melbourne Arena.
WHERE CAN I VIEW A SEATING MAP?
To view our seating map visit (insert link)
With the change of court layout will i still receive my same seat?
All members who rollover or renew their membership by May 1st 2018 will be allocated into an equivalent seat. Any member seats that are not taken up will be available for existing members to get closer to the court
I was a cheersquad member in 2017-18, how do i renew my memerbship?
Cheer squad memberships will not be available for the 2018-19 season. If you are an existing cheer squad member and wish to retain your equivalent seat for the 2018-19 season you will need to contact the membership department on 1300 698 443.
I was a GA member in 2017-18, how do i renew my memerbship?
GA memberships will not be available for the 2018-19 season. If you are an existing GA member and wish to retain a membership for the 2018-19 season you will need to contact the membership department on 1300 698 443 and purchase a reserve seat membership.
HOW ARE SEATS ALLOCATED FOR MEMBERS?
- Members on the Rollover Plan will receive their equivalent seat from the previous season.
- Renewing reserve seat members who opted out of the Rollover Plan have the opportunity to keep their equivalent seat from the previous season. To secure your equivalent seat, you must renew your membership by the reserve seat cut-off date, May 1st 2018. If you do not renew by this time, your equivalent seat cannot be guaranteed.
- New members will be allocated into the best available remaining seats.
I AM A ROLLOVER OR RENEWING MEMBER WISHING TO CHANGE MY SEATING REQUEST, HOW CAN I DO THIS?
- Existing/Renewing Members who are looking to change their seating allocation or are looking to add additional members to their current seating allocation need to contact the club via email email@example.com or phone 1300 698 443 and complete aSeat Change request.
- Submitted seating requests are not guaranteed and allocation of seating will be dependent on availability in the requested area.
- Members will receive their seating allocation on their membership cards/tickets. If members are unhappy with their allocation they will need to contact the Membership Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I SUBMIT MY RESERVED SEAT REQUEST TO THE CLUB?
Reserved Seat requests can be submitted to the Membership Department via email –email@example.com, post – Melbourne United Membership Department Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, Victoria, 3189, or in person by visiting our membership marquee on game days.
WHAT IF THE MEMBERSHIP DEPARTMENT CANNOT MEET MY RESERVED SEAT REQUEST?
If your request cannot be fulfilled, the Membership Department will take all reasonable steps to contact affected members to discuss your options.
MY RESERVED SEAT HAS CHANGED SLIGHTLY FROM LAST SEASON, WHY IS THIS?
Melbourne United reserves the right to move members in order to fill seating gaps. All moves will be allocated within the same seating sections. The Membership Department will take all reasonable steps to contact affected members to discuss your options.
I CANNOT ATTEND A MATCH; CAN SOMEONE ELSE USE MY MEMBERSHIP?
Members who purchase a membership are entitled to transfer their ticket to a family member or a friend providing the guest is of the equivalent level of entry (e.g. Concession/Junior). Adult memberships may be used by people in all other levels of entry.
Can I pay for my membership in instalments?
- Yes, Melbourne United offers a 10 monthly instalment payment plan for memberships purchased prior to 1st September 2018. Membership price is split into 10 equal monthly instalments, with each instalment due on the 1st of the month. Should the 1st of the month fall on a weekend or public holiday, the payment will be taken on the following business day. The payment plan starts on 1st May each year with the final payment taken on 1st February the following year. The payment plan will automatically roll over your membership for the following season. If payment fails, the Melbourne United Membership Department, or associated third party, will be in contact to rectify this. Please note additional fees for dishonoured payments may occur.
- New members will incur a once off $5 establishment fee. Renewing members will not incur an establishment fee.
- You can purchase a membership and join the monthly payment plan at any stage throughout the season. An initial payment will be taken, which will be a lump sum of the months owed in order to bring our membership payments up to date.
- At the end of each season you will be given at least 14 days’ notice in writing of changes to the cost of your next membership with the choice to opt out.
- Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
5 MONTH PAYMENT PLAN
If you purchase a membership on a payment plan after 1st September 2018 you will be opted in to the 5 month payment plan. Payments will be split evenly over 5 months (from September 2018 to January 2019) with each instalment due on the 1st of each month. Should the 1st of the month fall on a weekend or public holiday, the payment will be taken on the following business day. The payment plan will automatically roll over your membership for the following season into the 10 month payment plan. If payment fails, the Melbourne United Membership Department, or associated third party, will be in contact to rectify the issue. Please note additional fees may occur for dishonoured payments.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY MONTHLY PAYMENT DECLINES?
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your Credit Card Account has sufficient credit available so that the charges set out in the membership application can be processed. If a member fails a payment on their monthly instalment, the Melbourne United Membership Department, or associated third party, will be in contact to rectify the payment/s outstanding.
- Should a member fall two or more instalments behind, their barcode will be blocked and membership entitlement will be suspended until payments have caught up.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY DETAILS IF I CHANGE CREDIT CARDS?
- If you are on the payment plan and your credit card number or expiry date has changed, please contact the Melbourne United Membership Department on 1300 698 443 during business hours to update these details.
- You can also contact the Membership Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your credit card details updated.
CAN I PAY MY MEMBERSHIP OFF IN FULL?
Yes, if you are paying your membership in instalments, you can pay the remaining amount at any time during the membership season (May - February). Members will still remain on the automatic rollover until the member opts out. Members can opt out of the Rollover Plan by emailing the Membership Department at email@example.com. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
IF I CAN NO LONGER AFFORD MY MEMBERSHIP, CAN I GET A REFUND?
- When signing up for a membership with Melbourne United, members are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the payment plan, which states that refunds are not issued and members will continue to pay for their membership until all payments have been made.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.
HOW DO I FIX ERRORS ON MY MEMBERSHIP CARD?
- If any of your details are printed incorrectly on your Melbourne United Basketball Club membership card, please contact the Membership Department immediately on 1300 698 443.
- A new card will be issued within 2 weeks. If your membership card does not arrive in time for a game, please contact the Membership Department prior to game day or visit the membership enquiries point on game day.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MY MEMBERSHIP NUMBER?
Your membership number is located on the back of your membership card.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY PERSONAL DETAILS?
- Members are able to update personal details online using their MYUNITED account. To login, visit membership.melbourneutd.com.au and enter your user name and password.
- If you are unsure of how to use your MYUNITED account or cannot find your password, please call the Membership Department on 1300 698 443. Members can also click on forgot password function to reset their password.
- Alternatively, to update any necessary details, you can contact the Membership Department via phone on 1300698443 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO DO I CONTACT TO REPORT OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR ON MATCH DAY?
- If you are unhappy with the behaviour of members or supporters surrounding you or you witness any illegal or anti-social behaviour, we recommend you immediately speak to an usher or security guard at the game, who will directly respond.
- Please also report this incident in writing via email to the Melbourne United Membership Department at email@example.com and/or contact a Melbourne United representative on game day.
Melbourne United is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-day environment for all Club members and spectators. Accordingly, Melbourne United has adopted a Supporter Code of Conduct for the benefit of Melbourne United members, spectators and the wider NBL community. If there are any breaches to this Code of Conduct, the member in question will still be subject to the appropriate suspensions and/or sanctions.
What is the supporter code of conduct?
Melbourne United is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-day environment for all club members and spectators. Accordingly, we have adopted the following code of conduct/behaviour for the benefit of members, spectators and the wider basketball community.
Melbourne United works with the National Basketball League, stadium management, contracted security services and other external agencies to identify offenders, record incidents and take any potential action against offenders, members or spectators who threaten to disrupt, disrespect or otherwise breach this Code of Conduct.
Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend or cancel memberships, hospitalities, agreements or any tickets without compensation should a member or ticketholder breach this Code of Conduct. Suspensions and cancellations are at the sole discretion of Melbourne United. Should the offender be a guest of a member or utilising a member’s card, Melbourne United reserves the right to take action against the member in relation to their membership.
The below Code applies to anyone that attends any of Melbourne United games, official club functions and other non-game day events held, supported or endorsed by Melbourne United (Melbourne United Events).
To abide by the Code of Conduct everyone must:
1. When attending Melbourne United Events:
(a) Conduct themselves towards any other person in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of basketball specifically not to:
(I) use bad language;
(ii) Harass or ridicule players, coaches, officials or other spectators;
(iii) Engage in or endorse any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability or sexuality; and
(iv) Have any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures.
(b) Not do anything or act in a manner which would distract, disrupt or hinder the natural flow the event;
(c) Comply with the terms of entry to the event;
(d) Conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of Melbourne United, its staff, members or supporters;
(e) Comply with requests from venue staff regarding the operations and emergency procedures of the venue; and
(f) Sit in their allocated ticketed seat and present their tickets and entitlements when requested by Melbourne United staff or venue staff;
(g) Any merchandise, paraphernalia and/or memorabilia (Memorabilia) provided by the Club to you are for you to keep, use and enjoy during the event. However, you must ensure that in using the Memorabilia you do not interfere, disrupt, and prohibit or injury any other person’s enjoyment of the event. You are also responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of you using the Memorabilia; and
2. Not promote, communicate, incite, initiate, and/or respond to any form of conversation, messages or posts that are aimed to:
(a) Attack or be critical of anyone within Melbourne United including players, coaches, personnel and members;
(b) Attack, critical or tarnish the name, brand or goodwill of Melbourne United and/or National Basketball League; or
(c) Bring the game into disrepute.
Consequences of breaching the Code of Conduct
Melbourne United reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to restrict, prohibit, block, and ban anyone from participating in:
1. Any social media controlled by Melbourne United and/or National Basketball League; and
2. Any Melbourne United Events,
Should they be determined to have breached this Code of Conduct?
In serious, continual or frequent breach of this Code of Conduct, Melbourne United may also terminate a person’s membership (without refund or compensation) or refuse to sell to a person Melbourne United membership.
REPORTING OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR
In addition to contacting police, Melbourne United Basketball Club encourages its members and spectators to report any illegal or anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
• Alerting venue, security or Melbourne United staff on game day of any issues.
• If after a match, please phone our membership department on 1300 698 443 to notify Melbourne United Staff. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If at a club events – inform Melbourne United officials at the event.
HOW DO I GET TO HISENSE ARENA?
Trains, trams and buses operate frequently, dropping you right at the door of Melbourne & Olympic Parks. We recommend the use of public transport. For more information about getting there including timetables, fares and maps visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au or www.mopt.com.au/arriving-and-access/public-transport/
- Public Parking throughout the Melbourne & Olympic Parks precinct is extremely limited and subject to availability. Public transport is highly recommended.
- For disabled parking arrangements, please call the Melbourne & Olympic Parks box office on (03) 9286 1208.
- Parking can also be pre-purchased for the Melbourne and Olympic Parks Car Park from https://prebook.mopt.vic.gov.au/
Car Set-Down and Pick-Up Points
- Melbourne & Olympic Parks Trust with assistance from Vic Roads and City Link Melbourne have installed a Hire Car set-down/pick-up facility just south of the existing Coach set-down/pick-up area on Batman Avenue, outside Rod Laver Arena. Time limits apply and will be enforced.
Parking restrictions apply in Batman and Alexandra Avenues and City of Melbourne parking officers will enforce these restrictions. For general traffic information, contact VicRoads on 13 11 70.