Terms & Conditions
Need some help?
Request a call back or call 1300 698 443
1. All Melbourne United memberships purchased will be automatically enrolled into the Rollover Plan. Further information on the Rollover Plan is available in the ‘Rollover Plan’ section of these terms and conditions. Should an equivalent membership not be available in the following season the member will be notified of new membership packages.
2. Reserve Seat membership includes access to games played at Hisense Arena only during the 2018-2019 NBL regular season, excluding games played from 27 December 2018 through to the completion of the Australian Open.
3. Any games played outside of Hisense Arena will be sold separately and where possible Reserve Seat members will be provided with priority to purchase tickets via a pre-sale period.
4. Subject to any applicable law, once your membership has been processed you are not entitled to a refund.
5. All prices include GST and any applicable NBL fees or levies.
6. By purchasing a membership, you agree to be added to Melbourne United electronic database and to receive information relating to Melbourne United; be contacted by Melbourne United regarding any services, offers or special promotions that are associated with, endorsed or approved by Melbourne United. Furthermore, you agree for Melbourne United to disclose your information to third parties associated with Melbourne United so they can contact you about their services, offers or special promotions. Should you not wish to receive any of this information, you must notify Melbourne United in writing via either post [Level 3, 1001 Nepean Hwy, Moorabbin Vic 3189] or email [firstname.lastname@example.org] of your preference to unsubscribe.
7. Members are required to notify Melbourne United of any change in circumstances, including the issuing or withdrawal of concession status, member contact details, or any relevant information that could affect their membership with Melbourne United. Should there be a change in concession status, the member will be required to pay the difference between a non-concession member and a concession member of that particular membership. Should the member not pay the difference within the time notified by Melbourne United, Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend the membership with all of the member’s benefits suspended until the difference is paid. The member is not entitled to seek any compensation or refund should any of its member’s benefits be suspended due to no or late payment of the difference.
8. Melbourne United reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund where a member breaches these terms and conditions or the Melbourne United Code of Conduct.
9. Melbourne United reserves the right to change the seating arrangements from season to season. Where possible, Melbourne United will attempt to keep members in a similar seat selection from season to season.
10. Renewing members wanting to change their seat must request the change in writing to Melbourne United. Melbourne United will try to accommodate seat requests in consideration of availability and any other relevant factors.
11. New members may select preferred seating, including to be seated with other members, when completing their membership application. Alternatively, new members can notify Melbourne United of their preferences in writing. Requested seating cannot be guaranteed. If the requested seating is not available, the Membership Department will select seating as close as possible to those requested by the new member. If no request is received, Melbourne United will allocate seating at its discretion.
12. Reserved seats will be allocated after the Rollover Plan date, with renewing members receiving first priority. Allocation for new members is based on availability and will be processed based on the order in which a membership is purchased (provided that a seating request is received).
1. To qualify for a junior membership, the junior must be 14 years or under as of 30 April 2019 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
2. Children 3 years of age and under are admitted free providing they are seated on their parent/guardian’s knee and do not require a seat. It is the parent/guardian’s sole responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing their children.
1. To qualify for a concession membership, members must hold one of the following forms of identification: pension card, full time student card, senior’s card, disability card, or carer’s card. A photocopy of a valid concession card is required with your membership application.
2. Health care cards and health benefits cards do not qualify.
3. Companion card holders qualify for a free concession membership and gain free entry when accompanying a member requiring care. A photocopy of the card is required with your membership application. The companion card holder must purchase a valid ticket if attending a game without the member in their care.
4. Random checks are conducted at NBL venues on members with concession memberships. Concession members must have appropriate identification with them when attending all NBL games. Melbourne United retains the right to cancel the membership (without refund) of any member without the appropriate identification.
5. Copies of concession identification cards can be posted to Melbourne United Membership, Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, Vic, 3189. Alternatively, you can scan and email a copy to email@example.com.
A family membership consists of 2 adult and 2 junior memberships. Juniors must be 14 years or under as of 30 April 2019 irrespective of the member’s age at the time of purchasing the membership.
1. Finals tickets are not included in memberships.
2. Should Melbourne United qualify to play in the 2018-2019 NBL Finals Series, all members will receive exclusive access to purchase tickets to home games via designated pre-sale periods.
3. The pre-sale information will be communicated upon confirmation of Melbourne United’s qualification to play finals.
4. Finals tickets are to be purchased through the venue ticketing agency, and the agency will also be responsible for all distribution of tickets.
1. Melbourne United invites junior members to participate in Melbourne United Super Clinics, subject to availability. Camp members, part season members and non-members are not eligible to register.
2. To register for the clinics, you must register online at the Melbourne United website. Registrations will not be accepted on the day of the clinic.
3. The number of participants at each camp is restricted based on the number of courts available. The first enrolments received will be given priority enrolment.
4. Participants must arrive prior to the designated arrival time. Participation cannot be guaranteed if you arrive after the listed time.
5. You consent for the person in charge at the clinic to seek medical attention for your child, if necessary.
6. To the extent permitted by law, you exclude Melbourne United (including employees, volunteers and contractors) of any responsibility to your child’s person or property, as a result of any illness or injury that your child may suffer during the clinic.
7. You allow the use of any images or likeness of your child, taken during the clinics to be used in future marketing or promotional materials for Melbourne United. Should you not wish any images or likeness of your child to be used, please notify Melbourne United in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, 3189).
1. By agreeing to pay your membership via a Melbourne United payment plan, you authorise Melbourne United, or associated third parties, to debit from your nominated credit card or debit account as set out in your membership application form. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
2. Unless stated otherwise, the first instalment will be withdrawn after receiving your application with further payments on the first day of each following month. If the payment date falls on a weekend or a Victorian public holiday, we will process your payment on the next business day.
3. 10 Month Payment Plan - 10 monthly payments are offered for each membership year, from May to February. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 10. Please note that the 10 month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership before September 1st 2018.
4. 5 Month Payment Plan - 5 monthly payments are offered for each membership year, from September to January. Your monthly payment will be your membership cost divided by 5. Members who enter into a 5 month payment plan will be rolled over into the 10 month payment plan for next season. Please note that the 5 month payment plan option is only available if purchasing your membership from September 1st 2018.
5. You can purchase a membership and join a monthly payment plan at any stage throughout the season. An initial payment will be taken upon purchasing a membership, which includes any catch-up payment amounts in order to bring your membership payments up to date. For example, a membership purchased in August 2018 on the 10 month plan will attract an initial payment to cover the month of August as well as the sum of the instalments for May, June, and July 2018.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account in order for payments to be processed. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution for a dishonoured payment will be payable by you. Any fees incurred by Melbourne United for a dishonoured payment will be added to the next instalment.
7. Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend or cancel your membership if on two consecutive occasions your payment cannot be processed due to insufficient funds in your nominated account. We will notify you in writing if we suspend or cancel your payment plan arrangement.
8. If your membership is suspended, your membership barcode will be blocked and your membership entitlements will be suspended until such time that the overdue payments have been received.
9. If you believe that a payment has been withdrawn incorrectly, please contact Melbourne United on 1300 698 443. You will receive a full refund of the withdrawn amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the withdrawing.
10. You must advise us in writing if you close your nominated account and supply us with a substitute account in order for your payments to continue.
11. We will keep your account and other financial institution details confidential. However, we may disclose these details:
(a) If you consent in writing; or
(b) To the extent required by law; or
(c) For the purpose of this Agreement, for example, in relation to a payment dispute.
1. The Rollover Plan automatically renews your membership each year for the upcoming season. Payments are applied in the same method as when the member originally signed up. The rollover takes place on May 1st each year.
2. By committing to a Melbourne United Membership and Rollover Plan, you authorise Melbourne United to arrange a transfer of funds from your nominated credit or debit card for the amount applicable to your membership type. Members can select for payments to be deducted either in full or across 10 monthly payments. For payment methods other than credit card, the member will be issued an invoice, with payment due within the terms of the invoice. Additional fees (including credit card fees) may apply.
3. Members will be notified in writing should there be price changes or major inclusion changes to their membership from season to season at least 14 days prior to their membership rolling over.
4. Members can request to be taken off the automatic rollover by written request. Requests can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Melbourne United Membership Department, Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, Victoria, 3189.
5. Requests to be removed from the rollover plan must be received by Melbourne United by 5pm Monday 30th April 2018.
All Melbourne United Members will receive a 10% discount off retail price merchandise purchased through any physical Melbourne United operated store.
2. To receive a discount at the store, members must present their membership card to merchandise staff members.
3. Melbourne United will not provide refunds or apply future credit where a Membership Discount was not used during the transaction.
4. A discount is not available on sale items.
1. Membership fulfilment packs will be posted to members prior to the start of the season. If a member has not received a fulfilment pack within this time frame or has items missing, please contact the Membership Department.
2. Membership cards or tickets may arrive separately to the membership pack.
Members that require any membership cards to be reprinted will incur a $10 reprint fee, payable by the member. If you misplace your membership card, please contact the Membership Department to organise a replacement.
Melbourne United is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly game-day environment for all club members and spectators. Accordingly, we have adopted the following code of conduct/behaviour for the benefit of members, spectators and the wider basketball community.
Melbourne United works with the National Basketball League, stadium management, contracted security services and other external agencies to identify offenders, record incidents and take any potential action against offenders, members or spectators who threaten to disrupt, disrespect or otherwise breach this Code of Conduct.
Melbourne United reserves the right to suspend or cancel memberships, hospitalities, agreements or any tickets without compensation should a member or ticketholder breach this Code of Conduct. Suspensions and cancellations are at the sole discretion of Melbourne United. Should the offender be a guest of a member or utilising a member’s card, Melbourne United reserves the right to take action against the member in relation to their membership.
The Code of Conduct applies to anyone that attends any of Melbourne United games, official club functions and other non-game day events held, supported or endorsed by Melbourne United (Melbourne United Events).
Code of Conduct Requirements:
1. When attending Melbourne United Events:
(a) conduct themselves towards any other person in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of basketball specifically not to:
(i) use bad language;
(ii) harass or ridicule players, coaches, officials or other spectators;
(iii) engage in or endorse any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability or sexuality; and
(iv) have any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures.
(b) not do anything or act in a manner which would distract, disrupt or hinder the natural flow the event;
(c) comply with the terms of entry to the event;
(d) conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of Melbourne United, its staff, members or supporters;
(e) comply with requests from venue staff regarding the operations and emergency procedures of the venue;
(f) sit in their allocated ticketed seat and present their tickets and entitlements when requested by Melbourne United staff or venue staff; and
(g) any merchandise, paraphernalia and/or memorabilia (Memorabilia) provided by Melbourne United to you are for you to keep, use and enjoy during the event. However, you must ensure that in using the memorabilia you do not interfere, disrupt, prohibit or injury any other person’s enjoyment of the event. You are also responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of you using the memorabilia.
2. Not promote, communicate, incite, initiate, and/or respond to any form of conversation, messages or posts that are aimed to:
(a) attack or be critical of anyone within Melbourne United including players, coaches, personnel and members;
(b) attack, critical or tarnish the name, brand or goodwill of Melbourne United and/or National Basketball League; or
(c) bring the game into disrepute.
Breaching the Code of Conduct:
Melbourne United reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to restrict, prohibit, block, ban anyone from participating in:
1. Any social media controlled by Melbourne United and/or National Basketball League; and
2. Any Melbourne United Events.
Where Melbourne United determines that there has been a breach of the Code of Conduct.
If there is a serious, continual or frequent breach of the Code of Conduct, Melbourne United may in its sole discretion terminate a person’s membership (without refund or compensation) or refuse to sell a Melbourne United membership.
In addition to contacting police, Melbourne United Basketball Club encourages its members and spectators to report any illegal or anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
1. Alerting venue, security or Melbourne United staff on game day of any issues;
2. If after a match, please phone our membership department on 1300 698 443 to notify Melbourne United staff or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
3. If attending a Melbourne United event, inform Melbourne United officials at the event.
1. While every care is taken by Melbourne United to ensure that the most accurate information is presented on the website, including pricing, there may be some rare occasions where the information presented is incorrect. Accordingly, to the extent available at law, Melbourne United reserves the absolute right to not process or cancel any memberships that may have been obtained with the wrong information.
2. Before Melbourne United can exercise this right, Melbourne United must notify the affected person of the errors or omissions together with all necessary information to evidence that the information contained on the website is incorrect. In the event that the errors or omissions relate to prices of the membership and the affected person has paid:
(a) Where more than the price that is levied by Melbourne United: Melbourne United will notify the affected person the additional amount paid and give the affected person the choice to either cancel the membership or receive a refund of the excess amount paid. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify Melbourne United of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to receive a refund of the excess amount paid; or
(b) Where less than the price that is levied by Melbourne United: Melbourne United will notify the affected person the additional amount that needs to be paid and give the affected person the choice to either pay the difference or cancel the membership. The affected person shall have five business days to consider its options after being notified. Should the affected person not notify Melbourne United of its decision after the stipulated time, the affected person will be deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount payable. If the affected person chooses or is deemed to have chosen to pay the additional amount, the additional amount will become a debt immediately due and payable to Melbourne United. Melbourne United will provide the affected person five business days to attend to the payment. Should the affected person not pay the additional amount by the stipulated time, Melbourne United may suspend the provision of any part of the membership and the affected person is not entitled to any refund or compensation if the affected person is unable to enjoy any part of the membership due to delays in paying the additional amount, except where it is due to Melbourne United’s fault. Should the affected person be entitled to a refund or compensation, the maximum amount payable by Melbourne United will be the value for the portion of the membership that Melbourne United was unable to fulfil as determined by Melbourne United.
3. Melbourne United will attend to any refund as soon as practicable but no more than three business days after the affected person has made its decision.
1. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions.
2. To the extent permitted by law you indemnify Melbourne United against all, losses, costs, damages and liability suffered as a result of you giving incorrect or false information in your membership application. Your indemnity:
(a) Extends and covers all changes you make to your membership application; and
(b) Continues after this Agreement has ended.
By completing the enrolment of the participant into Melbourne United Basketball Club’s (Club) junior basketball camp (Camp), you, as the parent or guardian, and the participant agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
By registering for a Camp, you agree to be added to the Melbourne United electronic database and receive information relating to the Club. If you do not wish to receive information you must notify us in writing via email (email@example.com) or post (Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, 3189).
‘You’ and ‘I’ refer to the participant in the Camp. Occasionally, the use of ‘you’ in regards to payment or registration for the Camp will refer to parents registering or paying fees on behalf of the participants under 18 years of age.
When you register for and participate in the Camp, the Club collects your personal information (including any relevant health information you choose to provide when you register or that we may collect during the event) to:
process your registration;
organise, promote, operate and facilitate your safe participation;
compile and maintain records and a database of participants;
send you basketball-related information using the contact details you have provided, including about products, services and future activities or events that we think may be of interest to you (which you may opt out of receiving at any time); and
comply with our legal obligations and exercise our rights in this document.
Melbourne United may also share or disclose your personal information to third parties for these purposes, including to our related entities. The Club may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes, with your prior consent, for any other reasonably expected purpose relating to the operation of the camp, including for the provision of first aid services (at our discretion) while you are participating or if required or authorised by law.
If you are under the age of 18, Melbourne United will not, without the consent of your parent or legal guardian, accept your registration and participation in the Camp or knowingly collect your personal information. When your personal information is collected, your parent or legal guardian must:
- be authorised to provide your sensitive information such as your health information to us;
- make the participant aware that they may contact us if they do not wish to share their personal information with us.
If you do not provide all the personal information we request or you do not consent to us collecting it or releasing it to third parties, you may not be able to participate or to continue participating in the Camp.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By agreeing to participate in the Camp you accept the following:
- I confirm that I am sufficiently fit for, and am not suffering from any health problems or injuries which will be exacerbated by such activity.
- I recognise that basketball can be an activity with a risk of personal injury and even death. I confirm that I am aware of and accept such risk and will be responsible for my own actions and involvement in this activity.
- I unconditionally acknowledge that I am participating in the Camp at my own will and choice and accept all risks associated with participating.
- I acknowledge that I, or my parent or guardian, have taken out the necessary insurance against the costs of medical treatment, evacuation, and cost of care in the event that I suffer injury or illness during the camp and while travelling and against loss of or damage to my property and against liability I might incur to third parties.
- I acknowledge that Melbourne United accepts no responsibility for any costs that may be incurred due to insufficient insurance cover.
- I agree to indemnify and release Melbourne United (its directors, agents, officers, related parties, employees, contractors and assigns) and/or any medical staff provided by the Club (to the extent possible by law) from any and all loss, injury, damage or theft of property, suffered by me as a result of my participation at the Camp.
To register for the camps, you must register online at the Melbourne United website. The number of participants at each camp is restricted based on the number of courts available at each stadium. The first enrolments received will be given priority enrolment for their preferred camp.
Payment must be made by credit card prior to the first day of camp. Any other form of payment will not be accepted.
The cost for each child to participate in a Melbourne United camp is a flat fee as provided upon booking. If the child only participates in one day of the camp, or does not attend for any reason, the cost will remain. Once the booking has been completed, payment is non-refundable.
You may choose to disclose to Melbourne United any and all medical conditions (where applicable) on the registration form and/or during your participation in the Camp’s activities. Any such information will be kept strictly confidential by Melbourne United except as required or authorised by law, for the provision of a health service to you in the event of an emergency (at our discretion) or with your consent (or if you are under 18, with the consent of your parent or guardian).
You acknowledge that Melbourne United may collect health information from or about you in the event you sustain an injury during the course of your participation in the Camp and require medical treatment. This information will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Notice.
Your parent or guardian consents for the person in charge at the Camp to seek medical attention for you if necessary. In the instance an ambulance is required to be called for you by Melbourne United, the cost of any such ambulance will be at your expense.
Child Safety Policy
Melbourne United is committed to the safety of all children participating in our Camps. If you would like to download our Child Safety Policy, please visit: http://www.melbourneutd.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
Release and Indemnity and acknowledgement
You agree that Melbourne United (its directors, agents, officers, related parties, employees, contractors and assigns) will not be liable for any loss, injury, damage or theft of property, belonging to or brought to the Camp by you (your heirs, estate, executor, administrators, assignees and all members of your family), or for any death, personal injury or illness during participation.
You agree not to bring any claim or proceeding against Melbourne United (including each of our directors, agents, officers, related parties, employees, contractors and assigns) at any time for any loss, injury, damage, or other liability that you may suffer or incur in connection with or arising out of your participation in the Camp (except for liability that by law cannot be excluded). The Club excludes all liability to you in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise for our acts or omissions (including each of our directors, agents, officers, related parties, employees, contractors and assigns).
Images, Video and Sound
You allow the use of any images or likeness of your child, taken during the Camp to be used in future marketing or promotions for Melbourne United.
Should you not wish any images or likeness of your child to be used, please notify Melbourne United in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (Level 3, 1001 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin, 3189). For all enquiries please contact: 1300 698 443.
You consent to us (or our agents, contractors and assigns on our behalf) collecting your personal information and using and disclosing it for the purposes set out in the Privacy Notice.
Variation and Assignment
You agree that these terms and conditions can only be varied by Melbourne United.
These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria.